Free stuff / Surplus to requirements

That’s really great, @paul123! Do you know how many runs we might be able to get hold of? We could probably use a fair bit, down the side of the smaller room on the outside, inside it on one wall, and then by the Hammond. I can imagine it not being easy to move in the car and so we could move more via van.

I wasn’t planning on heading down this evening, due to needing to get on with some work. However, if it would be helpful to have more than just yourselves moving it in I can drop by. Just give me a call if so.

Thanks for the offer Andrew, I think we should be ok though.
I’m leaving Mixenden now so will be there sooner than I thought.
I’ve also got two oscilloscopes, a 200MHz frequency counter (<1ppm error), a cheap signal generator, 180 small component drawers (mostly labeled with values of included leaded resistors, capacitors etc), a couple of MCU dev kits.
We’ll need the asset tracking app mentioned in the other thread :slight_smile:

We’ve begun assembling a 3m shelving run against the wall next to the optics lab, needs finishing.
We didn’t have time to pack everything away neatly, some shelves are leaning against walls, etc, so please be aware of them.

The next 4m run I collect will fit along the long optics lab wall (opposite the door), and I’ll request another run for the shorter wall. Maybe 2m can fit there.
I’ve got a narrower shelf that can fit where the Hammond organ currently is.

I’ve been having a go at finishing what we started @paul123 :joy: (ever the optimist) think i need some more arms, hands and longer legs so have began to implement a spinoff transgenic mutation project…

Amazing contributions to the BR really good shelves, and loads of other bits n bats well done @paul123 happy days!

Tonight I’ll drop off some more shelves. I’ll try to find a step ladder :slight_smile:

@Giles. I can make Saturday, or any evening from Monday to finish the first run of shelving with you. Let me know what’s best for you. And I’ve realised we need to swap out the middle base plate that we laid down Wednesday night. I’ll explain why when I see you.
I’ve now got some video of how a shelf rests on the brackets too.

Oh, unfortunately I’ve had to return the Tektronix LCD oscilloscope. Sorry about that guys. Ah well, we’ve still got about six others…
I look forward to trying out the handheld 'scope you brought in. I’ve brought various DC Jack plugs to apply power to it ( placed under the bench to the right of the laser cutter).

hi @paul123 we should have a silly scope session for sure! Managed to scope out the mass spec detector headamp which was interesting :smile:

Maybe Wednesday would be good for shelving?

I have also installed a printer scanner on the Windoze PC which would be useful for importing pictures et cetera @RoboGuy I could not find a Linux driver, software very easy to use.

@Giles yes, let’s put shelves up tonight. Here’s short video showing shelf sitting on bracket:
https://youtu.be/QZeta7p5qqo

I’m just in the space to collect my step ladders. I can’t find mine but have found another similar pair. I’ll take that pair home, assuming someone has taken mine by mistake (?) If that’s the case then let me know if you want to swap them, maybe on Wednesday night, (I’ll be leaving here in about 20 minutes - just dropping the last industrial shelving off). Cheers…

Maybe @martin? Can’t think who else would have taken ladders down to the space.

Regarding the shelving, there is enough in the space now to make a 2m run, and a 1m run. I think the 2m run could fit very well to the left of where the Hammond organ is living, between the two supporting props.
The 1m could go in the dark corner where some mops are. The 1m run would need some fasteners (holes need drilling for nuts and bolts) to hold the bottoms of two of the legs to the base.

If no one has problems with the 2m run, I’ll assemble it between the posts Wednesday night.

Then I suggest we throw out / weigh in for scrap some of the other stuff that is now surplus to our requirements.

Then we can have a list of storage locations, to be used in the asset database (Airtable, see other thread).

Sounds good to me. I plan to head down Wednesday to unlock, but will be doing a spot of painting in the laser lab.

I took step ladders down to the space a while back, so I could hang signage in the corridor. Mine have got my name written on masking tape from when I used them at Tod Lamplighter. Hope nobody’s walked off with those - more than temporarily!

Sounds like we have some stepladder confusion to unravel tonight…

Does anyone know if these tower PCs are needed, or surplus to requirements, @9600, @Giles, @paul123?

Steve Summers can make use of them if they’re spare - either tomorrow for Scavengers’ workshops or later.

Hi Guy - I’m not using those PCs. I’m happy for Scavengers workshops to use them, whilst they’re at the Space.

Thanks, @paul123. It’d be good to get confirmation from others also.

Hi @RoboGuy I do not think anyone has any sentimental attachment to them, I think they are just waiting to have some fun!

+1. I think that lot pictured is fair game for being stripped down and the carcases disposed of.

Would suggest though that:

• Whoever eviscerates them has the pleasure of removing the remains
  • It’s made very clear that it’s just the pictured PC towers and nothing else!!

OK, will offer those 5 to Steve today, @9600