'inventing the future' reading group

Indeed.

Let’s do it. Now I have the book it seems a shame not to run the reading group. I think Mike Parry is going to join also

sure = & like I said I just can’t get along until the new year. I didn’t say anything about the group not running?

I have this on my Christmas list so would be up for reading this with the group too, new year for me preferably.

@dxhales Has your time eased up at all? I’d really like to get this group started if there is still interest? I’ve read the first two sections on localism and the rise of the right and would really like to talk about them before continuing.

Has anyone else started it yet?

I’m afraid not @sky , if anything my workload has stepped up a gear - especially in February. Hopefully I’ll be able to get come out to play at the hacker space again in March. There’s a growing body of stuff online now about the book though so I think maybe you should all just get together as I think @treb0r suggested. If there’s any traffic about it on discourse I might chip in that way.

@sky I started reading before Xmas but stopped when the book group was cancelled. if you’re up for it I shall start reading again this evening and maybe we could start the group next week?

Anybody else?

@treb0r Sure. I’m up for that. On the Wednesday open night? Paging @Matt, @9600, @RoboGuy Would any of you be interested in this?

@sky looks like a fascinating book, but I never seem to get much time to read, so didn’t get a copy.

Will be down tomorrow night for the open evening and hope spend some time planning the LoraWAN gateway install. Could also bring a PSU to test the door lock if you’re heading down with tools?

@sky Yes, let’s do it next Wednesday 10th February.

I can’t make it down tomorrow as I have family coming to stay.

Yes, I’ll come tomorrow. About 7. I’ll bring the drill and some bits.

Yes, I’m in. I’m about 30 pages into it currently. The critique of current leftie politics has been great so far.

Not down this week (tonight) but I’ll be along next week. I’ll get through the first two sections and stop there.

@Matt, @treb0r Great. That makes at least three of us. Shall we meet at the space or head down the pub. I can get there for 7:00. Is that a good time for everyone?

Count me in too pls;) Finally got a little free time and book arrived this morning. See you all Wednesday.

Great @caz See you Wednesday

Just to be clear, are we discussing the first two chapters on Wednesday? I think that is probably more than enough for starters.

Yeah, first two gives plenty to chew on. I’ll be down just gone 7.

Did we get a heater sorted? There’s one sat in my living room if we need one for the night.

@RoboGuy was looking into heaters, though not sure if the grant has been paid yet.

Yes, first two chapters. If it is too cold we can always go to the pub.

I keep forgetting to start looking at this book - or even reading it. So, not sure whether to come along tonight.

I haven’t bought any heaters, though I’ll do that now @9600 has fed back on the models I suggested. No, we haven’t had any grant paid yet, but I’ll buy them & claim funds back later.

I need to pop home first anyway so I can bring a couple along (unless there’s a strong preference for the pub regardless)