Here's an early MDF prototype for a lampshade. Ultimately, I'd like to cut one from plywood or coloured acrylic sheet. I started from a template I found online, then stretched the fin. I had a few tries at the slot widths before this which has very little play when assembled. The top & bottom of the fins need reducing to stop them fouling on each other.
I split the discs into a separate file, so the fins can be resized independently of these. Normally, I'd select 'copys' (yes, misspelt) on the laser-cutter PC to cut multiple fins from 1 shape, but this doesn't work for nesting multiple convex/ concave shapes - 'columns' need to overlap, and a negative gap can't be entered. So, I cut them 1 at a time, but will copy multiples in the input file when design is finalised.