Wednesday Evening is Open Evening

I like a challenge but soldering that would drive me insane.

I suspect it might be photoshopped, but couldnā€™t say for certain. Soldering ball grid array chips ā€” that have no legs, but loads of tiny solder balls on the underside ā€” is a nightmare for most humans (some have seemingly mastered it, using hotplates and hot air guns etc.) A job best left to robots! If the photo is real itā€™s likely a (terrible) hack to get around the fact that the PCB layout is incorrect, else they wanted to use some other chip with a different pinout or footprint. And in which case theyā€™re clinically insane.

That one looks good, but expensive, There was this littler one in the also viewed section. Has a lot of pins though.

Is anyone planning to open up the space for a few hours this Wednesday evening?

Iā€™m afraid that neither myself or @treb0r are able to and should nobody else be opening up, we should probably remove it from the calendar this week.

I canā€™t Iā€™m afraid - Iā€™m pretty time-poor currently and looking that way for the foreseeable future. If anyone would like my keys - I have a full set - then Iā€™d be very happy to pass these on to anyone that wants to be more involved but doesnā€™t have a set of keys yet themselves.

Iā€™m also a bit ill at the minute: so if youā€™d like the keys to open up the space for tomorrow then they need to be collected from me up at old town.

Just to let folks know that @sky and myself will be down at the space from 7PM tonight to work on fitting the electronic door lock. Likely closing up around 20:30-21:00.

Is anyone planning to open up tomorrow (Wed 23rd) night? If not, Iā€™ll remove this from the calendar.

I canā€™t get down tomorrow night

This coming Wednesday evening, 27th January, will be our first open evening after the flooding. Would be great to see as many members down as possible and we can discuss various plans/activities for the year ahead, before retiring to the Old Gate for a pint or two :smiley:

No work on the RFID entry system tonightā€¦ @sky and myself arrived to find the door disintegrating at the bottom, so it needs replacing. Will speak with Sue about this and hopefully it will get fixed pretty soon. @Martin has shaved a fair bit off one side for now, so at least the door opens and closes a lot easier!

Who is opening up this Wednesday? @treb0r, @sky? I believe youā€™re down for the reading group, but good to be clear on whoā€™s going to be there for 7PM to unlock, just in case anyone drops by.

Iā€™m fine to do it. Will be there at 7.

Iā€™m bound by when my wife gets back from work but should be there by 7.

Is someone opening up this evening?

Yes, @9600 & @sky Iā€™ll open up tonight

@RoboGuy. Thanks. I wont come then. Need to rest!

Iā€™ll be unlocking next Thurs for All Things Open, which will serve as the inaugural Things Network (community owned LoRaWAN IoT data network) & Flood Network (crowdsourced river level sensor network) Calderdale meeting:

http://www.bridgerectifier.org.uk/2016/02/17/things-calderdale-at-ato-thurs-25th-feb/

(apologies, as had initially said this would be on the Weds)

So, do we plan to open up on the Weds also? If not I can update the calendar accordingly.

I canā€™t unlock as Iā€™ll be away. Iā€™ve left a 3kW heater, so at least itā€™ll be warmer for you

Removing the open evening tonight from the calendar, as it looks as though nobody will be around to unlock.

Iā€™m aiming to be down at the space from 6:30PM tomorrow (Thurs 25th), for All Things Open, LoRaWAN and The Things Network Calderdale. Anyone else planning on heading down, @sky, @Matt, @WetEmoFish, @Caz, @Giles?

Glad you posted this, had it in my head as being tonight. Iā€™ll be along Thursday.

Iā€™ll be coming down this Wednesday evening. Iā€™ll try to unlock at around 6.30 but as ever it will depend on my Wife getting back from work on time.

Iā€™ve recently discovered the amazing world of Aeroponics and I would like to start a project to grow some vegetables at the space using this technology.

There are some interesting videos on-line about how this stuff works which i thought we could take a look at.