There is no Wuthering Bytes festival this year, but there will still be an Open Source Hardware Camp, although this year it’s being hosted in Lincoln. The call for proposals can be found below and the programme should be published in around two months time.
– Open Source Hardware Camp 2018 –
This year Open Source Hardware Camp will take place over the weekend
of Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July, at the Blue Room, Lincoln, LN1 3BU.
We’re excited to be hosting OSHCamp for the first time ever in the historic county town of Lincoln — home to, amongst others, noted engine builders Ruston & Hornsby (now Siemens, via GEC and English Electric). Lincoln is well served by rail, reachable from Leeds and London within 2-2.5 hours, and 4-5 hours from Edinburgh and Southampton.
Proposals for talks and workshops for OSHCamp 2018 are invited!
There is no theme and topics may include, for example:
- Open source hardware projects
- Open development practices and principles
- Novel/interesting/fun projects built using open source hardware
- Tools (hardware and software)
- Skills and techniques, e.g. PCB fab, DIY SMT assembly
- Relevant technologies, e.g. SPI/I2C bus programming
- …something else relevant to the community
If you would like to give a talk on the Saturday and/or run a workshop
on the Sunday, please submit details via the form at:
Any questions can either be directed to the OSHUG list* or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
**** Note that the deadline for submitting titles and abstracts is Monday 25th March at 17:00. If you would like to discuss ideas etc. please get in touch sooner, rather than later. ****
A social is planned for the Saturday evening and details of accommodation nearby to the venue will be provided in due course.