At the open evening yesterday, @9600, @richard and myself were having a good old chinwag about security and privacy. We live in interesting times, in that regard, and so I wondered if people would like to meet up to discuss along these lines? I can think of quite a few different aspects which we could cover (see below). Whether a general discussion or a series of talks, and whether within the group or whether some could be public is up for discussion.
- Privacy - how important is it, what should we trade it for, who deserves it…
- IPA, aka snoopers charter. What and why (this could require quite a bit of reading )
- "back door"s and why they’re bad.
- Encryption - theory or use (gpg/pgp, ssl, …)
- How to avoid IPA - VPNs
- Ransomware - what it is, how to mitigate it
- and so on
Any input or ideas very welcome!